Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tasting - "El Portal Barrel Select"

Name: El Portal Barrel Select
Variety: Red Blend
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 
Price: $9.99
Winery Review: Both Zinfandel and Merlot are popular grapes on their own and this marriage proves that the sum can be greater than its parts. Concentrated blackberry and cherry aromas are joined by notes of black currant, plum, spice and violet. Fruit forward flavors are accented with a touch of sweet tobacco and spice. A smooth texture and ripe tannins make this wine very food friendly.

My Review: This wine I was disappointed with. I think it may have been because I did not pair it with food. The nose was not very evident. It was very weak in that respect. The taste did not make up for it either. I did find flavors of cherry and plum but overall it was not pleasant. Next time I will have to try it with food.

1 comment:

  1. Where can one buy this? I thought it was great and would love to get more.

    ReplyDelete