Monday, January 30, 2012

Tasting - "Faraway Farm Shiraz"

Name: Faraway Farm Shiraz
Variety: 100% Shiraz
Region: Western Cape
Country: South Africa
Year: 2009
Price: $15 regular / $5.95 close-out sale
Winery Review:There is special place in Africa, far away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, where soaring mountains dominate the stark landscape. Tucked away behind these mountains you will find our vineyard. This is the home of Faraway Farm. Our Shiraz will spoil you with flavors of rich juicy blackberry, dark spice and just a hint of black pepper. Drink with close friends.

My Review: It has a dark red color. On my first smell I thought it was floral and peppery. I thought it was a just a tiny bit hot but I might have just experienced more of the pepper. I personally wouldn't buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment